23th of june 2020 – Haddock is a fish that is still under-used in the Netherlands. It is a species that is easy to recognize by its 3 dorsal fins and can grow up to one meter in size, although they often do not grow larger than 60 cm when traded. Haddock can be targeted, but there are also mixed fisheries that fish for cod and saithe together with haddock. Haddock is related to cod and can be used in many ways as a whitefish, such as in a taco with cucumber, green beans and sriracha mayonnaise.
Ingredients | 4 servings | 20 minutes preparation time
– 700 g haddock (MSC certified)
– 12 tacos
– 2 tbsp cajun pepper
– 150 g green beans
– 1 cucumber
– 100 g carrot strips
– 1 head butter lettuce
– lime slices to serve
– 1 tbsp oil or 1 tbsp butter
– pepper and salt
For the sriracha mayonnaise:
– 4 tbsp mayonnaise
– 1 tbsp lime juice
– 2 tbsp sriracha
1. Cut the haddock and the carrots into strips and the green beans and the cucumber into small pieces. Fry the maistortillas until blowing and set aside. Mix the mayonnaise with the lime juice and the sriracha until smooth.
2. Sprinkle the fish with the cajun herbs and some salt and pepper. Heat the oil or butter in a frying pan and fry the fish for a few minutes until done.
3. Top the tortillas with lettuce leaves, green beans, cucumber and carrot strips. Put the fish on top and fold the tortilla in half.
4. Place the tacos on a large plank and serve with the sriracha mayonnaise.