19th of may 2020 – Would you like to order the by-catch fish box, but are you not sure how to prepare the less known, yet delicious fish in the box? In the next few weeks, we will publish a number of recipes with the fish from these fish boxes. The recipe of today is celeriac stew with gray gurnard. The by-catch fishox is an initiative from Nico Waasdorp, in collaboration with the Good Fish Foundation.
Ingredients | For 6 persons | 30-35 minutes
1. Put on a pan of salted water. Peel the potatoes and cut them in pieces, peel the celeriac and cut in cubes. Cook the potatoes with the celeriac in the water for 20 minutes until soft.
2. Drain the potatoes and the celeriac and mash them, together with the crème fraîche. Season the stew with some olive oil, salt and pepper. Keep the stew warm by putting a lid on the pan.
3. Put some olive oil in another pan. Season the gurnard fillets with salt and pepper and bake them for 2 minutes on each side.
4. Schep de kervel door de stamppot en verdeel over 6 borden. Leg er de poonfilet bij. Eet smakelijk!
4. Put the chervel inside the stew and serve with the gurnard fillets.
Want to know more about the fish boxes or want to order a fish box directly? Read our article about the fish boxes